GODS is the titular play-to-earn blockchain game’s native token. It was designed to fuel the platform and used within the in-game marketplace.
What is Gods Unchained?
- God Unchained is a play-to-earn tactical card game that allows players to own their in-game items which gives freedom for the players to trade, sell, and use their items in NFTs form.
- Players have to compete by building card decks with fantasy cards to combat against each other as the game focuses on competitive play.
- GODS, its native token, is an ERC-20 token used as the main currency within Gods Unchained’s ecosystem.
- With Immutable X, God Unchained provides great user experience, and low cost in-game assets which make it a fast, secure, and affordable choice for users.
|Token Name||Gods Unchained|
|Total Token Supply||500,000,000|
|Current Circulating Supply||See Coinmarketcap|
|Market Capitalisation||See Coinmarketcap|
|Token Creation Date||November 2019|
|Can it be mined?||No|
Who is behind Gods Unchained?
Chris Clay, the Gods Unchained’s director. He is a former Game Director at Magic: The Gathering Arena (MTGA). Previously, he joined Turbine Inc. in 2000 and spent 15 years on creating MMOs games such as Lord of the Rings Online, and finally the MOBA Infinite Crisis.
Apart from Chris, James and Robbie, Ferguson are Gods Unchain’s co-founder. They previously built multiple businesses including cryptocurrency arbitrage trading and lending funds.
Three of them are truly passionate about building brand new economies which empower gamers and communities via NFTs.
What is the purpose of Gods Unchained?
Gods Unchained was created to change how games work; using Ethereum technology to bring true digital ownership to players, as well as provide the means to earn items that actually matter.
The GODS token is designed to be the core currency of Gods Unchained, fuelling the ecosystem that empowers players to earn and sell Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs).
- GODs tokens are used within Gods Unchained’s marketplace for in-game purchases, and to create NFTs. Moreover, the tokens are also used as a reward to players.
- Players can start playing Gods Unchained without any initial capital because the game provides 140 cards for new players as the welcome set. Players can unlock more packs and cards by playing the game.
- Staking rewards will be distributed to all users that qualify as being active stakers. These rewards will be distributed from the Staking Rewards Pool, which consists of GODS tokens funnelled in from acquisition actions made in the Gods Unchained store.
- Gods Unchained digital assets run on Immutable X, Ethereum’s first zero-knowledge rollup (zk-rollup) for NFTs. Immutable X allows users to mint NFT gas-free and trade at scale with instant transactions. This creates a massively improved user experience and enables the high volume trading of low cost assets.
- 20.5% of Gods Unchained total’s GODS tokens are set aside as a rewards pool to foster community engagement. The purpose of the pool is to reward activities that add significant value to the game and game economy.
- GODS, like any other crypto game, is contingent upon the size of its user base. With many crypto games coming out, it has to carve out a piece of the market for itself against the plethora of competitors.
- While many users are already playing the game, GODS runs on Immutable X which means that native token support (without additional steps required for users to interact with it) may still be a barrier to entry for the less tech savvy.
News and Updates:
- Gods Unchained has established a passionate community of evangelists. The game has over 450,000 registered players despite only being in beta, with over $34M worth of NFTs sold and traded so far.
- The platform made a switch to run on Immutable X, in June 2021. The decision solves several critical NFTs problems faced with Layer 1’s limitations.
- Weekly ranked tournament is hosted every weekend. The event offers weekly rewards based on your performance. The team has been working towards a World Championship with a sizable prize pool of over $570 which might be announced soon.
Community & Whitepaper Links:
All investments are speculative and involve substantial risk and uncertainty. Investors should understand the nature of digital assets including the terms of return and the risk of assets. We encourage investors to fully understand the assets and the risk associated with them prior to making any investment.
Moonbeam is an Ethereum-compatible smart contract parachain on Polkadot that makes it easy to build natively interoperable applications.
dYdX is a DeFi protocol focusing on perpetual contracts products built on top of the Starkware layer-2 network.
Elrond hopes to be the next internet-scale blockchain by creating a high-throughput blockchain.