Zipmex Australia Pty Ltd
Last updated: 18 August 2021
1 Who are we?
We are Zipmex Australia Pty Ltd ABN 57 632 064 076 (Zipmex, we, our, us).
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is managed in line with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). If you want to contact us, our contact details are found under section 10 ‘Contact us’ below.
2 What is “personal information”?
Your “personal information” is information or an opinion connected to your identity, or reasonably connected to your identity, whether or not that information or opinion is true or recorded in a material form.
3 What kinds of personal information do we collect from you?
We collect your personal information directly from you, when you use of our website or applications, promotions and campaigns.
The kinds of personal information we may collect from you are:
- (identity) your full name and aliases (if applicable), date of birth, photographic ID, certifications and other government identifiers used to verify your information (we will not use this information to identify you in our system);
- (contact details) your address, telephone and fax numbers, email address;
- (banking) your debit card details and bank account details;
- (transactions) the instructions you provide us;
- (interactions) when and the content of any detail you provide in updates or additional information about your personal information held on your customer profile, communicate with our customer support, provide feedback or raise a complaint; and
- (marketing) when and how you respond to surveys or Zipmex promotions.
“Sensitive information” includes your health information (including your biometric information), or personal information about your racial or ethnical origins, political organisations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, trade unions membership, sexual orientation or practices or criminal record.
We will not collect your sensitive information without obtaining your consent before or at the time of collecting it.
4 How do we hold your personal information?
Holding your information
We hold your personal information electronically use cloud-based storage technology in Singapore. If our storage location changes, we will update this policy to let you know.
How we keep your information secure
We employ a number of security measures to protect and safeguard your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including protections against third party interference for information collected through our website.
Our security measures include:
- (Physical records) any physical records of your personal information will be stored in an appropriately locked and secured premises.
- (Electronic records) any electronic data containing your personal information will be stored in computer systems and storage mediums subject to strict login and stringent security restrictions.
- (Information technology) we use encryption techniques such as Secure Socket Layer Encryption to convey your personal data between you and our servers. We also protect our network servers using firewalls.
- (Personnel controls) only certain staff members are authorised to access data containing your personal information. The authorise staff are required to comply with our additional obligations under an internal code on personal data confidentiality.
5 For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
Why we collect, use and hold your information
We collect, use and hold your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- assessing your eligibility our products and services;
- administering and managing our products and services and systems (including for our internal business operations and to meet any related legal requirements);
- verifying your identity to comply with our internal and legal requirements;
- improving and developing our products and services and your customer experience (including by running data analytics);
- facilitating your transactions in line with our internal and legal requirements;
- sending marketing communications, including sending you information about promotions, upgrades, products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to manage, train and develop our staff members;
- to comply with any legal requirements that we may be subject to, including our reporting requirements or any lawful request or investigation by a government body, court, regulator or investigatory bodies (including dispute resolution schemes);
- detecting, protecting and maintaining our security and protection mechanisms;
- investigating and resolving complaints and disputes, including interactions with any external dispute resolution scheme; and
- to meet other purposes as specified in our agreement with you.
Purposes for which we disclose your information and who we may disclose to
So that we can perform the functions noted above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- (Zipmex entities) we may disclose your information to other related Zipmex companies to facilitate our internal business operations;
- (IT providers) to maintain our servers, website, security systems and other IT-related infrastructure or applications to provide you with our products and services;
- (Identity verification providers) third party identity verification service providers may assist us with verifying your identity to meet our internal and legal requirements;
- (Marketing service providers) external marketing service providers may assist us with marketing activities, advertising, events, our communications, promotions and analytics;
- (Mailing houses and records) agents and service providers who mail our communications, or archive our records;
- (Financial institutions) for exchanging and processing your orders, payments, settling security and payment transactions and electronic transactions to banks and other financial institutions;
- (Security providers) we may engage specialised companies to identify, investigate or prevent fraud;
- (Professional services) our lawyers, accountants, financial advisers, auditors and other professional advisers; and
- (Government bodies, courts and regulators) to comply with our legal and reporting requirements, we may disclose information to government bodies, regulators, tax authorities and court or investigatory authorities.
6 Do we send your personal information overseas?
We may disclose your information to other Zipmex entities located in Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and Indonesia. Before disclosing information overseas, we take reasonable steps to ensure any overseas recipient complies with the APPs in relation to your personal information.
7 What about cookies?
A cookie is a small data file stored on your device’s browser. Its purpose is to help a website keep track of your visits and browsing activity, it is generally used as statical data and does not contain “personal information” (because it cannot be identified to you).
When you visit our website, we use Google stats via cookies to record our performance and check the effect of online advertising. Only when you use your computer to access our website can the cookies be sent to your computer hard drive.
Cookies will also enable the website or service provider system to recognise your browser and capture and recall information, cannot be used to obtain data on your hard drive, your email address, or your personal data. Most browsers are designed to accept cookies. You can opt to set your browser to reject cookies, or to notify you as soon as possible if you are loaded on cookies. However, if you set your browser to disable cookies, it is possible that you may not be able to launch or use some functions of our Website.
8 How do you access or correct the personal information we hold?
You have the right to request access to your personal information or to ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you would like us to provide access or a correction, we recommend that you:
- contact us on the details below under section 10 ‘Contact us’ and set out the details of your access or correction request, including the manner you would like to access the information if you are requesting access;
- comply with any requests we may have to verify your identity or the authority of your third-party representative (if you have one); and
- allow us 30 days to respond to your request. Our response will explain why we are approving or denying your request.
For some access requests, we may impose a charge where there are administrative costs involved in retrieving your personal information. No charge will be imposed for a request to correct your information.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your request, you may provide us with feedback or raise a complaint as explained under section 9 ‘Feedback and complaints’.
9 Feedback and complaints
If you have any feedback or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information was managed, including our compliance with the APPs, you may raise a complaint in our internal dispute resolution (IDR) processes or externally, to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The contact details for each are set out below.
Zipmex’s IDR team
We encourage you in the first instance to raise your complaint to our IDR team who are always happy to try and resolve your complaint. We will provide your with our response to your complaint within 21 days.
|Address:||21/207 Kent St Sydney NSW 2000|
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of our IDR process, you may escalate your complaint to the following:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
|Address:||GPO Box 5218, SYDNEY NSW 2001|
|Contact no:||1300 363 992 (10am to 4pm AEST, Monday to Thursday,)|
10 Contact us
|Contact:||Zipmex Privacy Officer|
|Address:||21/207 Kent St Sydney NSW 2000|