Ankr is a cloud computing platform that connects blockchain protocols for staking and other development purposes.
What is ANKR ?
- Launched in 2018, ANKR has evolved to be more than just a cloud computing platform. There are four main products of ANKR as the time of writing:
- Nodes and staking: everyone with no coding skill could easily create their own nodes on various existing blockchain platforms such as Polkadot, Kusama, ICON, etc.
- DApps network: developers who would like to build on various blockchain platforms like BSC, Polkadot, Ethereum, etc. can utilize ANKR network to provide a more robust and reliable environment on their apps.
- Enterprise solution: Enterprise that needs an enterprise-grade node infrastructure to build a staking platform, develop DApp, and do data analytics could be benefited by the ANKR network.
- StakeFi: ANKR StakeFi is ANKR’s own staking platform and the home of ANKR where it serves the purpose to be the native governance and utility token.
- The ANKR network automatically routes a user to the closest available computing resources that are also open to be provided by anyone that has already been on the ANKR network. Hence, the computing power can be accessed anywhere at a reliable speed.
- ANKR technological infrastructures consist of four layers; Core layer that functioned as block producers, Relay layer to accommodate network routing, Access layer that consists of light nodes, such as mining nodes and edge computing nodes, and Micro node layer that contains device nodes.
- The ANKR Distributed Cloud Computing Network (DCCN) blockchain, enhances ANKR network by providing payment interface for cloud users and providers, adding smart contract functionality, and rewarding validators for maintaining the network.
|Total Token Supply||10,000,000,000|
|Current Circulating Supply||See coinmarketcap|
|Market Capitalisation||See coinmarketcap|
|Token Creation Date||Sept 2018|
|Can it be mined?||No|
Who is behind ANKR?
ANKR was founded by Chandler Song who was previously working as an engineer at Amazon Web Service, and Ryan Fang, a former investment banker at Morgan Stanley.
What is the purpose of ANKR:
ANKR is a governance and utility token on the ANKR ecosystem. On ANKR StakeFi, Holders of a certain amount of ANKR can participate in governance and vote on key parameters to make decisions on the platform such as agreeing or disagreeing on an improvement proposal, etc. Besides that, ANKR is also the main currency for accessing ANKR cloud computing services, paying for node hosting, and researching donations on BOINC.
Decentralized cloud computing technologies are a vital asset in today’s blockchain app development. With the growing adoption of decentralized financial services, and NFT, staking and node integration become an integral part of easier product development.
- ANKR network has integrated more than 50 notable blockchain protocols at the time of writing.
- ANKR network has been used by some major companies for product development including Coinone and KardiaChain.
- Potential security risk considering the massive network capacity and data volume.
- Competition risk also needs to be considered knowing the size of the market and there seems to be a low uniqueness on the technology that ANKR is developing. Not to forget that ANKR has been trusted by almost every notable project on the blockchain space.
News and Updates
- As of July 2021, there have been more than 8000 nodes deployed using ANKR solutions.
- On Jul 29, 2021, ANKR is listed on Binance US.
- app.ankr.com has received more than 60,000 registrations by the end of July 2021.
- SushiSwap launched an ANKR/ETH liquidity pool on its platform.
- ANKR is now supporting Polkadot para-chain Crowdloans.
Community & Whitepaper Links
All investment is speculative and involves substantial risk and uncertainty. Investors should understand the nature of digital assets including the terms of return and the risk of assets. We encourage investors to fully understand the assets and the risk associated with them prior to making any investment.
ApeCoin is the famous NFT project, Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC)’s native token. It works as a utility and government token powering the APE ecosystem.
Star Atlas (ATLAS)
Star Atlas is a blockchain game with high quality graphic that will provide great futuristic gameplay experience to the players.
NEAR Protocol (NEAR)
NEAR Protocol is a decentralized application platform that allows developers and end-users to be involved in network management and gaining rewards.