Lisk is a blockchain application platform aiming to create an accessible future where everyone can benefit from decentralized technology.
What is Lisk?
- Lisk enables developers to build applications as well as deploy a side-chain linked to the Lisk network that includes a custom token. Lisk empowers developers with a software development kit for blockchain applications and is working on an interoperability solution that will in turn let everyone seamlessly use it on the platform.
- Lisk is a decentralized network, similar to BitShares, Nxt or Bitcoin. However, Lisk does not utilize proof-of-work like Bitcoin does, and instead uses a simplified implementation of BitShares’ original consensus algorithm that is known as delegated proof-of-stake.
- Delegated proof-of-stake is a consensus protocol that provides dependable verification and approval of transactions in a blockchain. It essentially allows blockchains to change network parameters and free schedules, transaction sizes and block intervals, all of which do not create a hard fork, assuming the elected delegates do not vote for this kind of change.
|Total Token Supply||N/A|
|Current Circulating Supply||See Coinmarketcap|
|Market Capitalisation||See Coinmarketcap|
|Token Creation Date||May 2016|
|Can it be mined?||Yes|
Who is behind Lisk?
The founders of Lisk are Max Kordek and Oliver Beddows.
Both of them specialize in decentralized applications, Bitcoin and blockchain consulting, startup consulting, UI/UX consulting and community management.
What is the purpose of Lisk?
The Lisk foundation targeted one very specific goal, and that is to inspire blockchain developers and enthusiasts from all around the globe.
- Lisk Wallet is an all-in-one solution to manage your Lisk account, access and send tokens, or vote for delegates. It combines the functionality of a cryptocurrency wallet with the transparency of a blockchain explorer. Lisk Mobile is your lightweight version ready for on-the-go use.
- Token: LSK is the name of our utility token. It is used to pay for transaction fees on the Lisk blockchain. LSK is supported by several exchanges and third-party wallets, however, the most recommended way to store and manage your LSK is in the official Lisk wallet, available on both desktop and mobile.
- Network: Lisk is operating on a decentralized network, which means it’s unstoppable and always-on. A network no third party can intervene with, run by people all around the globe.
- Lisk.js 2021, the annual developer event organized by Lisk, brought blockchain enthusiasts, developers, community members, and journalists together from all around the world. The two-day event has been designed to cater to all levels of technical knowledge and experience.
- The Lisk ecosystem is the extended block time which can occasionally lead to delays in confirming transactions. This results from the failure of a delegate to forge a block within 17 minutes which moves the block to the next round and extends its time by 10 seconds.
News and Updates:
- Lisk announced the migration of v3 after the successful migration of Lisk Testnet v3. The migration of Lisk mainnet v3 shall take place at the block height of 16,301,501 that will be attained on or around 24th August. At present, every product dependency of Lisk, which includes Lisk Core 3.0.0, Lisk Migrator 1.0.0, Lisk Desktop 2.0.0, and Lisk Service 0.4.0 are all set for production. After migration, Lisk Mainnet v3 shall improve the performance and present an impressive range of protocol features. Lisk is also looking forward to implementing the innovative interoperability solution soon after the migration.
Community & Whitepaper Links:
All investment is speculative and involves substantial risk and uncertainty. Investors should understand the nature of digital assets including the terms of return and the risk of assets. We encourage investors to fully understand the assets and the risk associated with them prior to making any investment.
ApeCoin is the famous NFT project, Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC)’s native token. It works as a utility and government token powering the APE ecosystem.
Convex Finance (CVX)
Convex Finance is a DeFi platform designed to provide additional yield and ease of use to the stakers and liquidity providers of CRV tokens.
dYdX is a DeFi protocol focusing on perpetual contracts products built on top of the Starkware layer-2 network.