Waves adalah platform open-source untuk aplikasi terdesentralisasi Web 3.0 dan solusi terdesentralisasi khusus.
What is Waves?
- Waves is an open blockchain protocol and toolset for building decentralized applications. It provides its unique Leased Proof-of-Stake (LPoS) consensus mechanism which allows token holders to lease tokens to a node of their choice (or their own node) for validating blocks.
- Waves implemented a new consensus protocol, Waves-NG, based on Emin Gün Sirer’s Bitcoin-NG proposal to increase transaction throughput up to 100 TPS.
- Users are able to stake tokens from cold wallet without risk of leaving funds vulnerable since Waves attaches Ride coding language for creating smart contracts with security and speed.
- Waves platform simplifies tokenization and minting token process with Ride language to significantly mitigate deploying tokens, smart contract, and dApps.
- Waves platform offers token creation, hybrid enterprise solutions, cross-chain and oracle integrations, item market creation for games, and DEX protocols.
|Token Type/Protocol||Waves Blockchain|
|Total Token Supply||106,708,576|
|Current Circulating Supply||See Coinmarketcap|
|Market Capitalisation||See Coinmarketcap|
|Token Creation Date||2016|
|Can it be mined?||Yes|
Who is behind Waves?
Waves was founded by Russian physicist Alexander Ivanov in 2016. Prior to creating Waves, he already worked in the cryptocurrency industry by releasing the now-defunct instant exchange, Coinomat and indexing site, Cooleindex. He also created CoinoUSD, a stablecoin pegged to the U.S. dollar.
The team launched the network to solve the faults of existing blockchain platforms as a result of Waves focused on speed, scalability, security, and user experience. It started to collaborate with Microsoft Azure and became an official partner of Deloitte in 2017. The company team now has over 180 members in several locations including Moscow and Switzerland.
What is the purpose of Waves?
WAVES token is a native token on Waves blockchain that can be used to secure the network through staking and pay transaction fees and block rewards. WAVES holders can lease tokens to Wave nodes through lease transactions and Block generators send back percentages as rewards to lessors. A lessor can cancel the lease at any time via a lease cancel transaction.
- Waves platform provides a gateway to the Web 3.0 decentralized ecosystem and facilitates token creation, simplifies smart contract development, and executes peer-to-peer trading on decentralized exchange (DEX) by accessing dApps on the Waves blockchain.
- The Waves blockchain is built with Leased Proof-of-Stake (LPoS), a PoS model secures the network against attacks and improves network distribution, which enables token holders to lease tokens to nodes and earns transaction fee as a reward.
- Waves platform uses Waves-NG (Next Generation) based on Bitcoin-NG protocol which is designed serialize transactions and improve blockchain scalability. The Waves-NG protocol tradeoffs between low latency and higher throughput to optimize scalability.
- Waves deploys new protocol to keep up with fast-moving blockchain industry:
- Waves Exchange: The non-custodial platform charges transaction fees in WAVES and supports staking of select assets.
- Smart Contract: Smart Contracts leverage the Ride language that is a more straightforward process for developers than developing on blockchains like EOS, TRON, and Ethereum.
- Gravity: Waves has brought Gravity to the network as a decentralized cross-chain and oracle network.
- Oracles: Oracles provide a solution to access on-chain data.
- Neutrino: The Neutrino protocol allows collateralized tokens access to the wider DeFi ecosystem.
- Waves Enterprise: Enterprises often require a mix of public and private authorizations when implementing blockchain solutions. Wave Enterprise provides additional security on decentralized platforms.
- The Waves protocol created the Waves-NG with low latency to improve high scalability while some other blockchain projects deliver efficient features with fast and scalability.
- The Waves ecosystem aims to become a crowdfunding platform. However, the crowdfunding market seems to be already oversaturated with big projects like Ethereum, Binance token.
News and Updates
- Since the launch of Metaverse, the popularity of Waves ducks game’s page has peaked more than 2 million unique users.
- Waves ducks released an exclusive Petr Yan NFT and the NFT ducks can be collected, traded and bred worth up to 10,000 dollars.
- Waves Node version 1.3, Jumeirah, has been released on the testnet and is available for developers building innovative decentralized apps.
All investments are speculative and involve substantial risk and uncertainty. Investors should understand the nature of digital assets including the terms of return and the risk of assets. We encourage investors to fully understand the assets and the risk associated with them prior to making any investment.
ApeCoin is the famous NFT project, Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC)’s native token. It works as a utility and government token powering the APE ecosystem.
Convex Finance (CVX)
Convex Finance is a DeFi platform designed to provide additional yield and ease of use to the stakers and liquidity providers of CRV tokens.
dYdX is a DeFi protocol focusing on perpetual contracts products built on top of the Starkware layer-2 network.