Stellar is an open network that allows money to be moved and stored.
What is Stellar Lumens?
- Stellar is an open-source payment platform aiming to bridge people, payment systems and the financial institutions together for a cheaper and faster cost of cross-border transfers.
- Stellar is under the Ripple payment network and its infrastructure was built from Ripple as well.
- XLM token is a cryptocurrency on the Stellar network, designed to support international transactions for all currencies. It is also one of the peer-to-peer payments since the network is connected with the financial institutions offering more opportunities for those who are not accessible to the banks.
- This network is secured using the Stellar Consensus Protocol, which is described as having four main properties: “Decentralized control, low latency, flexible trust, and asymptotic security.”
|Token Name||Stellar Lumens|
|Token Type/Protocol||Stellar Lumens|
|Total Token Supply||23,120,000,000 XLM|
|Current Circulating Supply||See coinmarketcap|
|Market Capitalisation||See coinmarketcap|
|Token Creation Date||July 2014|
|Can it be mined?||No|
Who is behind Stellar Lumens?
Jed McCaleb founded Stellar with the lawyer, Joyce Kim after leaving Ripple in 2013 over disagreements about the company’s future direction.
McCaleb’s goal is to ensure that Stellar can give people a way of moving their fiat into crypto — and eliminate the friction that people normally experience when they are sending money around the world.
What is the purpose of Stellar Lumens?
The purpose of the Stellar network is to unite people, payment systems and banks. In the world of cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency of the Bitcoin network.
Features of Stellar:
- Assets: Digital Currency in Stellar
Stellar is designed to make it possible to create currencies within the system called Assets. These created currencies can be backed with other assets or currencies enabling users to create any currency in the Stellar system. In addition, those created currencies might be used for internal systems or open for ICO as well.
- Transferring: Transfer Money
As there are several currencies, the transferring methods are also varied, for instance, the regular payment— transferring between accounts with the same currency or path payment— transferring different currencies to another account. The example of path payment is transferring 15 XLM and the receiver gets the token in BTC which the system automatically calculates the exchange rate for users.
- Manage Offer: Users can also offer their currencies for trading.
How Stellar Network works
When a user transfers money on the network, the system will convert the currency to the destination country’s currency automatically. Furthermore, Stellar network has decentralized servers worldwide. Ledgers can transcript transactions just like other tokens on the blockchain. Stellar’s system relies on Anchor which is a bridge that connects the source currency to the Stellar network. The anchor of the source currency then issues credits to the destination account and users can also use the anchor to withdraw their money.
- XLM coin can not be mined or opened for ICO like other tokens, besides trading them through exchange. XLM can also be earned by several ways such as a giveaway for event attendees, organizations or other cryptocurrencies token holders.
- It is possible that digital assets are not yet widely accepted or used for commercial purposes which may cause a decrease in the value of the assets.
- Even though the security system of digital currency is escalated, there are some possibilities of hacking and stealing digital assets
News and Updates
- January 26, 2021 — the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) announced a $5 million USD Enterprise Fund investment in Wyre, a leading blockchain payments company. The investment will introduce a wide variety of payment APIs to fintech applications on the Stellar network, integrating with existing anchors and enabling Stellar USDC on/off ramps in existing fiat pairs (USD, GBP, CAD, AUS, and EUR).
- April 21, 2021 — Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) announced a $3 million USD Enterprise Fund investment in Tribal Credit, a US-based fintech platform providing financial services for digital-first SMEs in emerging markets. The investment will allow Tribal Credit to advance development of its blockchain products built on Stellar, bringing banking solutions and cross-border payments to businesses in Latin America and other emerging markets.
- May 25, 2021 — The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) announced a $15 million USD Enterprise Fund investment in Mexico City-based Airtm, a blockchain and bank-connected digital wallet and peer-to-peer exchange platform that provides globally-connected dollar accounts to consumers and businesses throughout Latin America, and other emerging markets.
Community & Whitepaper Links:
All investment is speculative and involves substantial risk and uncertainty. Investors should understand the nature of digital assets including the terms of return and the risk of assets. We encourage investors to fully understand the assets and the risk associated with them prior to making any investment.
ApeCoin is the famous NFT project, Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC)’s native token. It works as a utility and government token powering the APE ecosystem.
Convex Finance (CVX)
Convex Finance is a DeFi platform designed to provide additional yield and ease of use to the stakers and liquidity providers of CRV tokens.
dYdX is a DeFi protocol focusing on perpetual contracts products built on top of the Starkware layer-2 network.