How do I make my account more secure?
Security is of utmost importance at Zipmex and we work hard to ensure that our platform remains safe for all our users. We monitor all transactions that take place on our platform to identify suspicious activity.
Nonetheless, without adopting account protection best practices your account could be compromised in spite of the robust measures that we have taken. It is highly recommended that you perform the following steps to keep your profile secure.
- If the email address that you have used to sign up with Zipmex has been accessed without your permission, the password to your Zipmex account may be retrieved and access to your account may consequently be granted to bad actors. You should therefore choose a secure email provider.
- Change your password at least once every six (6) months. Passwords should consist of at least twenty (20) characters (both upper and lowercase), numerals, and symbols. We suggest not reusing passwords across multiple websites. You may even use password managers like 1Password or LastPass.
- Always confirm that the URL you use is either https://zipmex.com/ or specifically https://zipmex.com/global/accounts/sign-in when you are signing in to Zipmex. You could also bookmark the address for easy reference.
- Zipmex will never ask you for your passwords or your personal information via email. Never share personal information such as social security or personal identification numbers over email.
- Consider switching off the multi-device login feature.
- Ensure that Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) has been enabled. This can be found in the ‘Settings’ tab when you log into Zipmex on your desktop. 2FA utilises Authy or Google Authenticator to generate a code that is required as part of the login process.
- Do not share access to your account with any other parties, or allow remote access to the devices that you utilise.
- Refrain from using any public devices to log into your Zipmex account as network security is not guaranteed.
- Avoid usage of public WIFIs or hotspots as they may pose security risks such as illicit interception of your session on our platform. If public WIFI is to be used, consider protecting your traffic and keeping your data private by means of a VPN. The best option for internet usage however would be to use wired internet connections.
- Ensure that the desktop or phone devices that you use are updated and running on the latest version.
- Refrain from downloading untrustworthy software on your devices.
- Use only reliable anti-virus software to protect the devices that you use against ransomware, malware and viruses. Make sure that the anti-virus software version you use is up-to-date.
- Do not open links or attachments in emails if you are unsure that they were indeed sent by Zipmex. These may be phishing emails that influence you into revealing sensitive information such as personal data or passwords.