Chiliz is the utility token driving Socios.com – the world’s first blockchain powered fan engagement and rewards platform.
What is Chiliz?
- Chiliz (CHZ) is the leading digital currency for sports and entertainment, powering the world’s first blockchain-based fan engagement & rewards platform Socios.com.
- Chiliz provides hundreds of millions of sports and esports fans the ability to participate directly with their favorite teams.
- Chiliz are used to purchase Fan Tokens – tokenized shares of influence of famous teams that have joined the Chiliz ecosystem.
- Fans can purchase & trade branded Fan Tokens as well as having the ability to participate, influence, and vote in club-focused surveys & polls.
- CHZ is used by fans to purchase these branded Fan Tokens, enabling influential decision-making power by allowing them to vote on polls its partners publish on within the Socios app.
- Fans can also access exclusive rewards & incredible experiences, as well as gamification, social interaction and leaderboard features with more additions launching through 2021 and beyond.
|Token Type/Protocol||ERC20 & BEP2|
|Total Token Supply||8,888,888,888|
|Current Circulating Supply||See Coinmarketcap|
|Market Capitalisation||See Coinmarketcap|
|Token Creation Date||2018|
|Can it be mined?||No|
Who is behind Chiliz?
Chiliz, with Alexandre Dreyfus as a chief executive officer, has been run by strong team members across 29 different nationalities. The development office is in Lyon, France while the active operations are in Turkey, Spain, South Korea & Brazil, the UK & Sweden.
What is the purpose of Chiliz?
Chiliz’ vision is to bridge the gap between the active and passive fan, providing millions of sports fanatics a Fan Token which acts as a tokenized share of influence.
- All sports and esports teams will debut with a specified, finite number of Fan Tokens tied to concrete voting rights. Fans who obtain voting rights by trading CHZ tokens for Fan tokens, gain a decision-making right for that team.
- When a new organization goes live on Socios.com, its supply of Fan Tokens is offered for purchase by fans on a first come, first served basis at a fixed price.
- Fans holding Fan tokens are granted access to the marketplace. Here fans can auction off or purchase Fan Tokens they hold.
- The CHZ Token exclusively fuels Socios.com, their consumer facing platform where fans can utilise their Fan Tokens to participate in polls and surveys and be rewarded through active engagement.
- Chiliz has its own specific purpose of being a sports and entertainment currency. This might narrow down the investors’ interest in such a particular fan token system of Chiliz.
- Chiliz Exchange does not allow US-investors on its exchange due to SEC (the Securities Exchange Commission) regulations.
- Withdrawal fees’ information hasn’t been informed. This is potentially a risk for the investors. Whenever an exchange does not provide fee transparency, there is a higher risk that such fees are high.
News and Updates:
- Socios.com has partnered with household sporting organizations such as AC Milan, Manchester City, Juventus as well as the Professional Fighters league to launch their respective Fan Tokens on the platform. Many more are set to launch in future.
- Chiliz (CHZ) was added by Coinbase to its professional cryptocurrency trading platform as of Jun 15, 2021which means Coinbase Pro users could transfer the tokens into their accounts, causing the token price to spike.
- Chiliz has just announced a partnership with premier league giant Everton to launch their fan token on the Socios.com app. The partnership is yet another in a long list of football teams to have opted to increase fan engagement with the Socios.com app.
- The UFC officially announced that it would debut a UFC Fan Token on fan engagement and rewards app Socios.com. Minted on the Chiliz blockchain, the token was scheduled for launch in June and would have a maximum supply of 20 million tokens.
- CHZ had skyrocketed from an intraday low at $0.032468 on Feb. 23, 2021 to an intraday high at $0.155004, a 377% increase in less than a week. This sharp up-move had pushed the relative strength index (RSI) above 89, indicating the rally is overbought in the short term.
Community & Whitepaper Links:
*As cryptocurrency and digital tokens involve high risks, investors may lose all their investment money and should study information carefully, making investments according to their own risk profile.
dYdX is a DeFi protocol focusing on perpetual contracts products built on top of the Starkware layer-2 network.
ApeCoin is the famous NFT project, Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC)’s native token. It works as a utility and government token powering the APE ecosystem.
Convex Finance (CVX)
Convex Finance is a DeFi platform designed to provide additional yield and ease of use to the stakers and liquidity providers of CRV tokens.