What actions should I take if my account has been compromised?
In the event where you suspect your account may have been accessed without your consent despite having followed measures to secure it, check if:
(i) You are still able to login to your account
In this event, reset your password immediately. You can do this by going to the ‘Settings’ page on our website after logging in and then clicking on ‘Reset password’. You may also wish to change the passcode used on our app when you click on the ‘profile’ icon.
(ii) You are unable to login to your account
For this scenario, it is advised to take this course of action:
- If you still have access to your email, make sure to reset your password. To do this, go to our website, then click on ‘Forgot password’ in the login section. If you are no longer able to access your email, your email provider may be able to help you recover it.
- Get on live chat with our support team and verify your details, so that we may verify your details and help to retrieve your account.
Additionally, if you have noticed any unauthorised transactions, please contact us immediately using live chat, and let us know the following:
- Your account has been accessed without your knowledge.
- What sort of unauthorised transactions have you noticed?
- Your country of residence.
- Provide any other details about the unusual activity you have detected.
We will get in touch with you through email and have you provide us with the necessary documents:
- Police report
- Subpoena (only if you are based in Thailand)
- Lodge a report with your local law enforcement. If your country of residence is Thailand, a subpoena containing documentary evidence may additionally be obtained.
- Take extra measures to secure your email, devices and bank account if necessary.
Update the passwords to your devices, email address account and bank accounts that are linked to your Zipmex account. Should your bank account be compromised, contact your bank for assistance.