Alpha Finance Lab
Alpha Finance Lab has a vision to build a universe of DeFi products that can minimize users’ risk and maximize returns.
What is Alpha Finance Lab?
- Launched in October 2020, Alpha Finance Lab is developing multiple products with focus on decentralized finance solutions that could bring a positive-sum game to all of the users.
- Alpha Finance Lab also aims to be a cross-chain platform that could integrate the DeFi ecosystem across several blockchain platforms. At the time of writing, Alpha Finance Lab exists on Ethereum and BSC protocol and is planning to expand to create more cross-system collaboration.
- Alpha Homora is the first product of the Alpha Finance Lab ecosystem. It is a leveraged yield farming protocol where users could generate yield using their digital assets. The name of Alpha Homora is inspired by Harry Potter from the spell Alohomora that means open the door.
- Users could participate in Alpha Homora by becoming yield farmers, liquidity providers, ETH lenders, liquidators, and bounty hunters.
- Alpha Homora (V2 on the Ethereum network) platform is audited by Quantstamp, OpenZeppelin, and Peckshield.
|Token Name||Alpha Finance Lab|
|Token Type/Protocol||ERC20/Ethereum, BEP20/BSC|
|Total Token Supply||1,000,000,000|
|Current Circulating Supply||See Coinmarketcap|
|Market Capitalisation||See Coinmarketcap|
|Token Creation Date||Oct 2020|
|Can it be mined?||No|
Who is behind Alpha Finance Lab?
ALPHA is developed by Alpha Finance Lab, a team focused on DeFi research and development.
Tascha Punyaneramitdee is the founder and current CEO of Alpha Finance Lab. She previously worked as the Head of Strategy at Band Protocol. Alpha co-founder and CTO, Nipun Pitimanaaree – former Chief Research Officer at OZT Robotics – has won 4 gold medals from the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) and is currently ranked 3rd in the IMO hall of fame global ranking.
What is the purpose of Alpha Finance Lab?
ALPHA acts as the main native asset in the whole Alpha ecosystem. Holders of the ALPHA token are able to stake the token and earn rewards such as: new tokens listed on the Alpha Launchpad, percentage of fees collected on the platform, and in the future protocol fees from projects on the Alpha Launchpad. In addition, there is also a 20% token allocation (from total supply) for ALPHA holders who participate in providing liquidity (liquidity mining program) for the ALPHA token on the market. Besides that, ALPHA also acts as a governance token to govern the Alpha Finance product and finance mechanism of the platform.
Since ICO ALPHA token value has skyrocketed to 30x in USD, 4x in ETH, and 10x in BTC. It is interesting considering that the token was launched in 2020 and BTC value has also doubled its price.
- ALPHA was launched on both Binance Launchpad and Launchpool
- There’s more than $500 million value lock (TVL) on Alpha Homora platform, at the time of writing. According to dappradar.
- Alpha Finance Lab is still at a very early stage of development and Alpha Homora is still on the beta version (V2), so there are still various risks concerning the platform security, technology strength, smart contract etc, not to mention challenges in executing the plan.
- Many of the token’s functions (utility and governance) are not fully implemented yet on the platform, thus, there is a risk of mechanism change that does not involve the community or failure in deployment.
News and Updates:
- Alpha Finance Lab is currently developing AlphaX, a DeFi product focusing on the financial derivatives market.
- Betafinance, a DeFi project focusing on the money market, was launched on Alpha Launchpad.
- AlphaX was recently audited by Consensys with no major issues found.
Community & Whitepaper Links:
Official Website: https://alphafinance.io/
White Paper: https://github.com/AlphaFinanceLab/alpha-lending-smart-contract/blob/master/documents/Alpha%20Lending%20Whitepaper.pdf
Alpha Homora V2 on Ethereum: https://homora-v2.alphafinance.io/
Alpha Homora V1 on BSC: https://homora-bsc.alphafinance.io/
All investment is speculative and involves substantial risk and uncertainty. Investors should understand the nature of digital assets including the terms of return and the risk of assets. We encourage investors to fully understand the assets and the risk associated with them prior to making any investment.
Plearn is a DeFi platform creating an ecosystem of partners from a variety of lifestyle businesses including hospitality, travel, and rental.
Moonbeam is an Ethereum-compatible smart contract parachain on Polkadot that makes it easy to build natively interoperable applications.
dYdX is a DeFi protocol focusing on perpetual contracts products built on top of the Starkware layer-2 network.